Thursday, June 18, 2009

Top Ten Things I Miss Everyday.

I went back to work two weeks ago and it is definitely taking some time to adjust, especially since I have a very high-stress, demanding position. So these are the things I think about to get me through the day.

10. I miss sitting on the deck with Ely in the morning and watching the birds come to the feeders while I enjoy my coffee.
9. I miss getting laundry and dishes done before it all piles up.
8. I miss Ely "talking". He's always most talkative in the late morning/early afternoon and I don't get to hear his little voice much during the week.
7. I miss the comfort of knowing there is nothing I HAVE to do on a deadline.
6. I miss rocking Ely to sleep for his naps, even when he fusses alot before he falls asleep.
5. I miss putting him in his stroller and leisurely walking him down the lane to get the mail in the afternoon.
4. I miss staying in our jammies until 10 a.m. when he wakes up from his morning nap.
3. I miss watching him play-he's kind of tired in the morning and at night.
2. I miss having more time with Greg when he gets home from work. Now I make sure to spend all that time with Ely and by the time he goes to sleep at 8:30, we're both exhausted and we head into bed too.
1. I miss holding Ely while he naps, just because I can.

I know I made the best use of the 4 months home that I possibly could, but as I'm sure every working mom would agree, no matter how long it is, it's never enough.

No comments: