...For all of November? It seems that during my most favorite time of year, I am the busiest. Every weekend in November is chock full of work, work, and a little play. I have been extremely busy at work, but hopefully things will slow down a little until after the first of the year. But I did want to give you one quick update on the most precious boy on the face of the earth...
Ely had his 9-month check up two weeks ago and all is well. He is 22 pounds, 4 ounces and 28.5 inches long (85th and 65th percentile, respectively). The doctor said he is a big, very strong boy and seems to be in perfectly good health (besides his recent ear infection and all of his colds that he's had since starting daycare). All four top teeth broke through the gums all at once, so he's not been the happiest camper for that reason as well. He's also "walking" using the aid of a toy that he pushes around the living room, so we know it won't be too long before he's taking his first steps by himself.
He started his new daycare a month ago, but has missed almost half of it with an ear infection and a cold that came with a high fever. During the first two weeks, he had some major separation anxiety issues and started screaming as soon as we walked in the door to daycare. According to them, he's ok after a few minutes and does alright until late afternoon, but he's never had these problems before. I've noticed that he's also more clingy with Greg and I when he's home with us. I hope it passes quickly because he is such a happy, active kid and I don't want him to morph into a whiny, unhappy daycare-kid. He seemed to do alright last week and didn't cry when I dropped him off, but this week he's had a hard time because he hasn't felt the greatest.
Other than that, we are just preparing for our 7th (or 8th, can't remember which) Annual Turkeypalooza this weekend. As usual, we have friends coming from all corners of the U.S. to celebrate with us. Then that will be followed up by Thanksgiving, and then it's already December! I hope I'm not too worn out to make Ely's first Christmas a special, meaningful time.
1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures, its fun to see how he and Brenda's little one compare. She has been having ear infections and not up to par health wise. Other then that she is a happy baby and is on the go with her crawing, army style,
and trying to stand. Ely is such a cute baby, I realy enjoy his picures
Love Aunt Janet
Post a Comment