Friday, January 9, 2009

Update on Baby Ely

I just got back from my 35-week midwife appointment, and all is well with little Ely. He had been breech for a very long time, but turned around last week and is head down, ready to go! I have a little extra amniotic fluid and he is measuring big (will probably be in the 8-pound range at birth), so between those two things I feel like I'm ready to pop. Daddy Greg, Grammy Jane, and I got to see his little face last week on an ultrasound, but I don't have any pictures to share because he kept his hands in front of his face the whole time. He did give us a thumbs-up though!

We have been working on his nursery since I decided I wanted a log changing table/toy shelves to match his log crib. We will be finishing that up this weekend, hanging the curtains I got for Christmas, and arranging all of his things in case he decides to make an early arrival. Here is an in-progress picture of the changing table (we have added a middle shelf too):
And here is a picture of me and my ever-growing stomach (and chipmunk-swollen cheeks, apparently). This was taken at 34 weeks, 2 days. I can't believe we only have about a month to go!

2 comments:

Rachel Lynn said...

You look beautiful, Emily!! Can't wait to see pictures of little Ely!

Good luck these last few weeks and days!

Rachel

Lora said...

Thank you for the advice! I will definately try it! And I'm lovin' your nursery! You look beautiful :)