Sunday began with his first ride in dad's truck; due to the single cab, we had alot of fun actually talking to him and playing with him in the car, since we normally don't get to see him when he's in the backseat of my car.
Then we arrived at the Kishwaukee River, ready for his first paddle, a milestone we've been waiting for since we went paddling right after I found out I was pregnant. I'll let his Uncle Don (Don Miller of Severson Dells fame) have license with writing creatively about it because I know he'll do a better job than I, but I'll give you the general details. He did NOT like his infant life jacket, which mostly chokes him with all the padding. He screamed bloody murder for about 15 minutes, but then settled in for a nap on my lap. I felt bad for him, but he'll just have to get used to it!

Then after all the activity of the weekend, this morning he rolled over by himself for the first time! I didn't capture it on video, but I have included some recent pictures below.
All of these firsts are leading up to one first I am not looking forward to - leaving him all day for the first time. I found out last week that I got a full-time job. I am not one bit happy about it, but I have no choice but to work. I trust Thessa (his great-aunt who will be watching him) wholly with him, but it doesn't change the fact that I wish I could stay home with him myself. I know everyone says it will get easier, but I know it won't for me. Think of all the firsts I will probably miss - the first time he grabs a toy by himself, the first time he sits up by himself, the first words, the first steps. The only thing I have to console myself is that I only thought I'd be staying home for 6 weeks, and instead I get four months. But is that really enough time for him to know that I'm "mom"?


His "growth chart" in his grandpop's old chair. Here he is at three months!
No comments:
Post a Comment