Mom (to Dad): "Can you come hold his arms while I change his diaper?"
Dad: "Why?"
Mom: "Because otherwise he's going to try to roll into the lake."
Dad: "Oh."
Dad (to Mom): "Can you put him down a second to help me set up the tent?"
Mom: "Sure, let me just stick him in this patch of poison ivy."
Dad: "Oh, yeah, right. Nevermind."
Mom (to Dad in middle of night): "Do you think he's too cold in his tent?"
Dad: "I don't know, but I'll go put a blanket over the mesh windows to block the wind."
Mom (several minutes later): "Do you think he can breathe now?"
[Mom and Dad lie awake silently listening for breathing when suddenly,]
Baby: Snort, wiggle, change positions, squeak, and whine.
Dad: "Yeah, he can breathe."
Dad (in the morning): How did you sleep?"
Mom: "I didn't."
Dad: "Neither did I."
Baby: Smiles, laughs, coos, looks well rested.
Dad: "Apparently he slept fine."
Mom: "Let's stay in a hotel tonight."
Going on a hike.

Having fun with dad around the fire.

Waking up in his tent - he slept great!

At our campsite on Trout Lake, Boundary Waters, Minnesota.

Lounging in the tent in the hotel room!
2 comments:
Okay--this is so adorable! And I can totally relate to those conversations! =) And where did you get that baby tent??! It is just the cutest thing ever.
love ya, val
How come he gets his own tent, are you afraid of rolling over on him?!
Post a Comment