Ely turned 10 months this past weekend, and he is definitely becoming a little boy, instead of a baby, right before my eyes! After starting a new in-home daycare with 7 other kids on October, he was sick for almost all of October and half of November with one head cold, ear infection, or stomach bug or another! But he has been healthy since Thanksgiving and he's really taking off. He's *almost* going to be walking soon. He stands on his own without realizing it a few times a day, and he loves to walk with his walk-behind toy or holding onto one of mom's hands. He loves waving and saying "hi" when people come into a room, which just melts your heart every time. He babbles so much more now that he is in a daycare with other kids who are older and talking all the time. He isn't clapping yet, but we're working on it. He also loves to hear "Go find your ball", and like a puppy, he will find his ball and put it in his Little Tikes basketball hoop! He has six teeth now (2 lower and 4 upper) and he's eating table food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner with bottles in between. He loves turkey and mashed potatoes, stir fries, spaghetti, the homemade yogurt my mom makes him, well, just about everything! He has become quite the eater and definitely went through a growth spurt since he is now wearing 18-month sleepers and 2T shirts!
We've been enjoying everything we can for the holidays, as I'm determined to do everything I can to make this holiday memorable for us (even though I know he won't remember it). We've all been through too much in this past year, and I'm viewing the holidays and the New Year as a time to make a new beginning for all of us. We helped decorate Grandma Mitchell's Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, we put up a small indoor tree in addition to our outdoor "bird tree", and took our family photo for our Christmas cards, which I hope to get out soon. We are also going to the Luminaria at Severson Dells this weekend, and I'm sure I'll try to pack in some other festive things for us to do!
Here are some pictures from the Christmas tree decorating at Grandma Mitchell's!




1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures. It is so much fun to keep up with Ely and also what you and Greg are doing. I am glad the day care is working out for Ely and that makes it easier for you. Christmas should be a good time with him this year. Take care Aunt Janet
Post a Comment