There was happy and sad and great and really crappy moments all rolled into one week! I could probably write much more about our holiday week, but I think this will sum it up more succintly!
10. Seeing the excitement in our families about Ely's first Christmas.
9. Losing power for 12 hours on Christmas Eve due to ice storm.
8. Receiving perhaps the most hilarious gift ever - a mug with my sister-in-law's picture on it, with a backdrop of the American flag. Just struck me as funny - thanks Steph!
7. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection that had gone undiagnosed for weeks.
6. Catching influenza (or at least a really bad cold that came with high fever, complete head congestion, and nasty cough) on top of afore-mentioned sinus infection, therefore spending Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the whole week in a decongestant-driven stupor amidst fits of coughing.
5. Watching Ely, after having received so many new toys, choose to play with an empty pop bottle, our remotes, and the boxes.
4. Receiving clothes that I was embarassed to see the sizes of, and then also receiving much needed Biggest Loser workout DVDs. Time to get moving again.
3. Having my mom and grandma over for Christmas morning.
2. Ely taking his first unprompted, unassisted steps on his own - and he gets braver and braver every day.
1. Sharing the first Christmas as the three of us, with hopes for many more memorable Christmases along the way!
1 comment:
Sorry to hear you have been so sick. Ely is luck to have such a big and loving family to look after him. Christmas just gets better the older the child get until it time for no toy and just shirts and other uninteresting things. Take care and I hope you will be feeling better soon. Love Aunt Janet
Post a Comment