February 3 - I quit my job with On the Waterfront, which was both stressful and liberating all at once.
February 5- I took Ely to a myriad of appointments for his one-year check ups. He was 30 inches and 24.5 pounds and all checked out well except his teeth. He has inherited my thin enamel and has to have flouride fillings to slow decay. I would say "Poor Kid", but the process is painless for him. It's more like "Poor Mom" for the hefty bill that accompanies all his dental work.
February 6 - Ely turned 1!
February 7 - We welcomed over 40 people to our house for Ely's birthday party. My dad surprised us with a quick trip in from New Hampshire, and we loved hanging out with Grandpa Steve!
February 8 - I started my new job as a grant writer for Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois. I feel like I've finally found where I'm supposed to be in my career. It is a wonderful organization with an awesome staff, and, as nerdy as it is, I love grant writing! I've literally been looking for a job like this for 3 years - even before the whole United Way fiasco.
February 12 - We got all wrapped up in the Olympics for the next week and a half. I don't know why, but we got really into it!
February 17 - Took Ely to immediate care for ear infection #4. I know this kid is going to need tubes. :(
February 18 - Greg and I volunteered at the annual Pheasants Forever banquet. It was a fun time, but a rough year because the auctions and fundraising were considerably down with the economy.
February 25 - My brother, his girlfriend, and her 2.5 year-old daughter came to visit us from Georgia for five days. We hadn't seen them since September (and I was working Waterfront that weekend), so it was nice to get to know Mallory and Elizabeth a little more this time. We had fun shopping, going on nature walks, and watching the kids play.
March 3 - It was finally warm enough to get outside...and here is what it looked like!
1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures, It was good to see you and Ely at Judy's. We are going to a party for Mitchell, Hannah and Danielle today. Most of the people there will be Jims relation and we will be having a party at Easter for Kassia and Hannah with our family. Thanks for keeping me posted on the job and Ely. I love hearing from you. Love Aunt Janet
Post a Comment