What must it be like to be 2? Nothing is a given, everything is trial and error, and more and more and more trial. Everything is funnier, scarier, more amazing, more confusing, and more beautiful. It's beyond just the "wonder in a child's eyes" - it's as if with every breath a 2-year-old takes, he is breathing in information, tasting the air, letting it soak in. At some point this new knowledge becomes embedded, the question no longer lingering. But I would just like to stop,
right here, for a while.
"Can mom see me in here?"
"Hmmm...how did all that paint get on my arm?"
"Will they ever find me?"
"I wonder if I can read this by myself?"
"Will this giant frog fit in here?"
1 comment:
Adorable post, Emily!
Not even CLOSE to as awesome as having your own sweet two-year-old, but in my work as a pediatric speech-language pathologist...a majority of my caseload is two-year-olds. I am fascinated by the two-year-old mind :). Love it! Enjoy your sweet two-year-old :)
Rachel
Post a Comment