
I could give you a play-by-play of Ely's second Christmas, but it might take a while since it felt like we were celebrating for a whole week! So I'm going to recycle what I did last year here.
Top Ten 2010 Holiday Memories
10. Getting the whole week from Christmas Eve to January 3 off of work - Thank you Girl Scouts of Northern Illinois! I spent a glorious week at home with Ely to play, relax, and spend quality time together. He finally starting saying "wuv you", which is almost always accompanied with a big "huggy" and a kiss.
As a return favor - shameless plug. Cookie Season starts January 8 and runs through the 24th. Order cookies from a Girl Scout you know because it so much more than a box of Thin Mints - it helps girls develop leadership skills, self-confidence, business sense, and long-lasting friendships! Shamless plug, end transmission.
9. Seeing Ely all dressed up in his little suspenders on Christmas Eve.
All dressed up in my suspenders, just like Dad!

8. Going over to visit some of Greg's relatives on Christmas Day, where Ely received a pair of metal handcuffs for Christmas. Yes, that's right, handcuffs. Hilarious. Beats the proverbial "ugly sweater from the weird aunt" cliche anyday.
7. Playing in the Mitchell Family Band...always a fun tradition that leaves my jaw aching and me wondering how I ever practiced the clarinet for 2 hours a day.
Our jam band

6. Usually gift-getting isn't nearly as fun to me as gift-giving, but this year, Greg and I unexpectedly got some awesome gifts. I got a new digital camera (woot!), we got 2 portable DVD players for the car to keep Ely busy while we finally take some longer road trips, and Greg and I got a Wii with all the accessories and a few games.
5. Not all memories are great ones...Ely got sick three days after Christmas and ended up with another double ear infection (third one of the winter already) as well as his 2-year molars coming in. He was VERY grouchy for half of my time home from work. Thankfully, we are seeing an ear-nose-throat doctor this week.
4. I was a very good girl and got up on Christmas Eve morning at my normal time of 4 a.m. to go to the gym. Of the 10 days I was off, I worked out for 5 of them. Catching Ely's head cold at the end of the week was the only thing that stopped me from going more!
3. Being able to celebrate Steph and Matt's recent engagement with them and getting asked to be in the wedding. Greg as a groomsman, me as a bridesmaid, and Ely as ringbearer. We are excited for August 13th!
Ely and his soon-to-be-Uncle Matt!

2. Having my mom and Gram over for Christmas morning for the second year. We all had fun watching Ely be goofy in his Santa hat and watching Greg open his funny presents. Who knew they made adult-size footy-pajamas?!?
Making cookies with Grammy

1. Watching our somewhat-huge investment of a train table, wooden tracks, and numerous Thomas the Tank Engine trains pay off. It's been 2 weeks and Ely won't stop playing with it. We've already bought some accessories and expansion packs! :)
1 comment:
Oh Emily, when I have a little boy someday (fingers crossed!), he WILL have a train table :). They're my favorite!
Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!
Happy New Year to you all! :)
~Rachel
Post a Comment