I've decided I need to bite the bullet and start potty training Ely. He and I have been talking about it for months now, and he knows what everything is and what's supposed to happen, but I have yet to make the push to make it happen. Silly me, I guess I was thinking that like walking and talking, it would sort of happen on its own. I know that he will only get more stubborn and set in his ways as he gets older, so now is the time before a busy summer of outings and activities.
I guess I've also been putting it off for those typical mom-type reasons. It's his last really "baby" characteristic. My own denial that he is, in fact, a "big boy". Because with potty training also comes a big boy bed, and he sleeps so well (and always has) that I don't want to ruin a good thing there. And the endless pulling over to pee in a travel chair, the likely fight that will ensue between Greg and I about peeing outside, and not being able to just travel anywhere we like with a full bag of diapers firmly affixed to our shoulders.
But it's time. I have researched and subscribed to "3-Day Potty Training" by Lora Jensen, so we'll see how this works. I believe we're aiming for May 4-7 with a weekend after to be absolutely sure he's ready to go back to daycare. I'll be chronicling the experience here - wish us luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment