It's only the 16th, but March has been busy, busy, busy with no signs of slowing down.
--I am wading through the busiest season at work right now, and Greg is just entering his. I've been driving all over 16 counties delivering grant after grant. Greg is in burn season and is gearing up for what's sure to be a spring and summer packed full of weekends, nights, and events. :(
--Ely has had some strange ailments including unexplained neck pain that thankfully turned out to be nothing but gave us a run for our money with the doctor (neck pain is treated rather seriously in litle kids due to meningitis).
--One of my distant-ish relatives passed away and we helped accomodate family and move things out of her apartment.
--My brother and his family came up from Georgia for a fantastic 5-day visit. We packed it full of activities and had so much fun watching our kids play together.
--I agreed to present at a Best Practices conference preceeding the Association of Fundraising Professionals International Conference in Chicago this next weekend. It started with a 20-minute segment within another presentation, and now I am presenting 3 full sessions. (How did that happen?) Besides preparing endless powerpoints and notes for the conference, it also means shopping for a new outfit or two and a haircut, all before leaving in 2 days. Plus laundry, packing, and making enough easy meals for "the boys" while I'm away.
--Going to the conference March 18-22. 4 nights - the longest I will have ever spent away from Ely. It's going to be extremely difficult, but I'm going with another co-worker who also has two small children that she's never left for that long either. I guess we'll either commiserate (or live it up!) together! :)
--Somehow, miraculously, I have managed to only take 4 days off from the gym but have only lost a half a pound in the last two weeks due to uncontrollable stress eating!
I'm hoping that with all these "lions" at the beginning of March, the end will have only "lambs"?
No comments:
Post a Comment