Monday, August 22, 2011

Where did summer go?

As I wrote in my last post (which was oh-so-long-ago), we knew going into summer that it was going to be busy and fast. I can't believe it's already the end of August, and I'm just now getting around to documenting the last several months. Since our vacation in June, we've had something happening almost every weekend! I'll try to sum up the Top Ten highlights in pictures:

10. Another trip to the zoo, this time in Madison, WI, back in June.


9. The Fourth of July parade in Winnebago - Ely loved it!


8. Alot of playing outside, including at Severson Dells.


7. Greg's work events, Party on the Prairie and Wildflower Weekend. This is a pelican and a great blue heron out on the Oxbow Lake at Nygren.


6. All sorts of bridal preparations for Greg's sister Stephanie, including this bridal shower. And perhaps my favorite highlight - I've lost 40 pounds since last December!


5. Playing out in the sprinkler. Since Ely can't swim, it's been a fun way to stay cool!


4. Another preparation for the wedding and Greg's largest project yet. He spent 4-5 months building this arbor.


3. Ogle Co. fair - a cute little fair with lots of animals for Ely to see.


2. Steph's wedding - I was a bridesmaid, Greg was a groomsman, and Ely was ringbearer. I've never been to a funnier and more memorable wedding!


1. The Winnebago County Fair, a yearly tradition!


We've still got some important things coming up in the month ahead - the opening of Edwards Apple Orchard, the Thresheree in Edgerton, WI, and another visit from my brother and his family in September. But overall, I'm hoping things will slow down, or Christmas will be here before I can blink!

No comments: