Embarassing thing I have eaten: After a long day of volunteering at a youth pheasant hunt on Saturday, I was VERY hungry. So I ate an entire porterhouse steak (about 14 oz) and an entire large-ish baked potato all at one sitting. Sheesh. And then promptly fell asleep on the couch, only to awaken about an hour later and have two chocolate chip cookies and some Halloween candy.
Silly thing I got angry over: I got really mad at Greg when he got mad at me for not knowing how to use a carpenter's square correctly. I mean, seriously, when would I have learned this?
Silly thing that made me cry: I've tried really hard to control my emotions throughout this pregnancy (for the sake of others), so I can't really say that I've been crying alot over silly things. Although I will be sobbing tomorrow night if Barack Obama doesn't win. But that's not silly.
Thing that made me laugh uncontrollably: After the very angry phone call from my husband about our dog eating his lunch, I tried to be sympathetic on the phone, but I have to admit that I laughed alot after I hung up!
Most annoying side effect of being knocked up: Not sleeping. Only being able to sleep on my left side is causing me to not sleep at all.
Thing about pregnancy that I still find really weird: That I actually look forward to going to the doctor now. I makes me feel like I've hit another milestone.
Thing about motherhood that's starting to scare me: Affording everything! Why is it that everything for such a tiny creature is so expensive?
1 comment:
I love these informational posts about true glimpses of pregnant life. Honestly, I am completely infatuated with the idea of being pregnant. That sounds really weird, I am sure ;), but it's true! A good friend at work just had a baby on Monday...and up until the point when she went on maternity leave (last Friday...she worked right up until the end!), I would ask her questions and she would tell me anything and everything about pregnancy. Holy crap, I could've sat there for hours and listened to her. I am so jealous...maybe that's not the right word. But, anyway, I do yearn for the day when someday I am in your shoes...weird cravings, weight gain, and all! :) MAN, she even filled me in on lots of the REALLY GROSS parts. HA! It didn't turn me off, though, just made me more intrigued. I cannot WAIT for the time when we are at the place in our lives when we can provide sufficiently for a little one!!!!
Thanks for the comment on my blog, Emily. It is so terrible what you have gone through with the loss of your dear uncle and cousin...and I am sorry that that memory will be forever associated with the exciting announcement of your pregnancy. How terrible.
But, really, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well...and I look forward to reading about it, each step of the way !:)
Post a Comment