November 10: Today I am thankful that my mom taught me how to be resourceful, specifically shopping at thrift stores. Not only is it fun - the hunt for something and the thrill of getting something that's extremely expensive for only $3.99 - but it also allows my family to have huge wardrobes and to be spoiled with lots of stuff. Not that materialism is the end all and be all, because when we're done with it, it's much easier to part with something you purchased for $1.00 and give it right back to someone who needs it. It's the ultimate recycling. I've been toying with starting my own blog just about my thrift store finds. If extreme couponers have blog sites, why not, right?!? Your thoughts?

Anyway, all that to say that today I found some great deals that I am very thankful for. On my lunch break I found about 15 strings of Christmas lights, including 4 consecutive sets of icicle lights for the front of the house. All told, I spent $30. I remember the first year we bought our house, we spent about $100 on half that much at Home Depot. I also found a little tree for my office at work for $4.00.
No comments:
Post a Comment