November 12: Today I am thankful for a whole day to spend with my wonderful boy. Greg was working and Ely and I had a whole unstructured day to do whatever we wanted. We played with his mega bloks for almost an hour, played outside in the gorgeous weather a little, built some new train tracks, read lots of books before his nap, and he even helped me around the house a little. I always need these days to really connect with him and recharge both of us.
November 13: Today I am very thankful that the holiday season is here! We put up Christmas lights all around the outside of our house and put up our "bird tree" - our outdoor tree that we fill with suet ornaments, popcorn chains, and other goodies for the birds to eat. I love this tradition and I am so happy that Christmas is here!
Greg and Ely with our "bird tree" the first year - 2009. (Sorry, no recent pics, camera is still in the shop!)

November 14: Today I am thankful for a day off. My mom and I spent her birthday checking out two thrift stores in Wisconsin. I spent way too much but got a whole trunkful of 4T clothes for Ely, some nice things for myself, a couple Christmas presents, and had a great time overall!
November 15: Today I'm thankful for Ely's tubes in his ears. He has been battling a not-too-severe head cold for two days. I know it may seem strange, but last year at this time, a little bout with the sniffles would have landed us in the doctor's office and walking out with yet another prescription for antibiotics. Very happy that we don't have to go through that this year!
Ely waiting to get his tubes last February.

November 16: Today I am thankful that we don't have anything scheduled after work tonight. It seems like either Greg has a meeting, I have a meeting, or Greg is working with his building partners, or we've got someone coming over, or something. Tonight is free and clear, and I'm looking forward to putting Ely to bed and watching Captain America with Greg while drinking a cup of cocoa overflowing with marshmallows.
No comments:
Post a Comment