Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful For: Days 1 and 2

It seems everyone comes up with a clever way to celebrate Thanksgiving via thankful lists. For some, it's a daily facebook status, a recitation at the dinner table, a written utterance in a journal. For me, I think it's a daily blog post. I've been so terrible at keeping this blog that it's made me question whether or not I should really be a blog owner. I mean, if you didn't feed and water a pet for 6 weeks, you shouldn't be a pet owner. So maybe the same holds true in this case?

I'm going to attempt to post something small each day in November as a reflection on things I'm thankful for. Maybe they're big things like family, friends, etc., and maybe they're just small things like finding an extra Diet Coke in the back of the fridge at work. (Though at 3 p.m., that's not really a small thing, now is it?) And see, in true me-fashion, I'm already a day late.

November 1: I'm thankful my husband had some leftover gas in his gas can for the mower, otherwise I'm not really sure I would have made it to the gas station.

November 2: I'm thankful that we received a grant today to help Girl Scouts who can't afford materials to participate in our programs. Call me cheesy, but I really do think what we do makes a difference in the lives of girls.

No comments: